3/23/13

12/52

"A portrait of my child, once a week, every week, in 2013."


the 52 project: 12/52.

///

Leaps and bounds - this is the theme for the week that just passed. Words and short phrases are free-flowing (my current favourites: "stachio" for pistachio and "Monty, way down" for "Monty, lay down"), instructions are finally being followed the odd time (e.g., jump from this block to the next, and the next - hooray!) and the big slide at the park was ridden solo for the first time. Leaps! Bounds!

Gracie, Monty and I spent Thursday morning at the dog beach in Kitsilano (no pictures of Monty because he was running around like a mad-dog), happy to see the sun. Wearing shells as hats, calling for Monty across the beach, digging in the sand, tucking in close to my legs when several dogs visited at once - these are a few of the things I loved about this experience.


Safe spot by mama's leg.